Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Tower of London








As we only had three days in London, thank you little sis for putting us up yet again, the girls got to choose one thing each they'd like to do. Miss T. chose the Tower and all its treasures which the kind grandparents treated us to, along with a personal guided tour from one of the country's top experts on arms and armour. While the guide refuelled on tea, the girls and I took a butchers at the crown jewels. As there were very few people there, we went round twice, before a guard took pity on us and let the girls try on the last item on show, the crown of India. It suited them both perfectly, but we were travelling with handluggage only and it looked rather heavy.
Another kind guard allowed us and our guides to escape from the White Tower by way of a secret passage, a lift and a heavily studded door.
Our visit to the Tower was a great pleasure that the girls and I will remember for a long time to come, thank you Granny and Pa!

12 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

That trip to London Tower sounded very interesting. Both girls have gotten so tall! Ariana and Daniela are here for a month right now. I will have to get them to look at your posts. Nice that they could spend time with your Mom and Dad.

Nea said...

Hi Lori!
I just this second sent a mail to Ariana. Say hi to her for me. Strawberry is sitting next to me and starting up her own blog. I'll go and have a look at Ariana's next.

Unknown said...

Hello Ruth and girls. Thanks for reminding us of a lovely day out at the Tower. Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.
Granny and Pa.

Unknown said...

P.s. Please tell Strawberry that I've been trying to put a comment on her new blog (Without success, I'm afraid). Never mind, I'll keep trying.
Love, Pa and Granny.

Unknown said...

Dear Freja. Granny and I love your new blog. It is well written and the title is great. Did you take the photographs? They too are very good, especially the one of Nipa.
I think my computer is having problems, as I cannot get through to your blog, so I'm sending this one through to Ruth's blog, and hoping she'll pass it on toyou.
Much love to you all, Granny and Pa.

Nea said...

I have pasted your comment on to Strawbs blog. I don't know why you can't, but I think it's a problem with Blogger and not your computer or anything your doing. Try again in a few days time and it might have corrected itself.

Pat said...

Oh I'd love to see the Crown Jewels.
I could stare at them for hours with changing light to vary the sparkle. But I suppose it wouldn't be allowed.

Nea said...

If you went on a quiet day, Pat, I'm sure they'd let you stay a while. We gloated for ages before the guard showed us how to try on the Crown of India with the help of the reflections in the show case.

Strawberry said...

The baby armour is very cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Freja. The use of well fitting baby armour is very helpful in teaching a small baby how to stand up.

Nea said...

So that was how I learnt to stand :)

Unknown said...

You have always been able to stand on your own two feet very well dear.