Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paris!

Last week we took a last minute trip to Paris for 2 days. I haven't been for 30 years and the girls, although they have traveled a lot, have only been to and from England, plus the odd day trip to Norway. I thought it was time to widen their horizons. The flights were cheap leaving late in the evening and early in the morning. I thought we'd find some comfy seats at the airport in France and just rest rather than booking hotels. Unfortunately this cunning plan to save a few Euros failed miserably. The airport closed at midnight and armed soldiers, fingers on their triggers marched through.
Fortunately some very kind people took pity on us and found us a cheap hotel for the night in spite of the late hour. The hotel was so good, and cheap :) we booked the same one for the trip home.
The first day in Paris, it rained so hard all day long, I didn't dare take my camera from its plastic bag. The second day looked like rain again, but we managed to stay dry and complete are goals for the trip:
  • Eat lots of French food (me)
  • Jump from the Eiffel Tower (Miss T)
  • Commit a crime of fashion (Strawberry)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Strawberry's crime of fashion - I presume the socks and pink tipped trainers???????

Nea said...

Yes!!!!!