Saturday, October 27, 2007

Doggy paddle


The man of the house is slowing returning to his normal M.O.T.H.-like self.
He managed a short walk yesterday, to the Indian restaurant and back, = two flights of stairs and at least 20 paces.
And today he took a short drive in the car, delivering myself and girls to the swimming pool.
At the pool, Strawberry swam for the first time, and also lost a tooth, not literally, we found it, and Miss T practised her social graces, turning ditching into a fine art.
Waiting for the bus to take us home we saw a young Irish setter dashing across the busy main road in front of us. One car had to brake hard and swerve to avoid her. We rounded her up and carried her, as she had no collar to hang on to, into a nearby garage. There we borrowed a long strap for a make-shift collar and lead and then we called the local police.
Keeping in mind we are next to a busy main road late on a Saturday afternoon, a fact I have pointed out to the police, guess what they told us to do with her?

4 comments:

Pat said...

Please don't leave us in suspenders.

Unknown said...

Set her free instantly, otherwise you might be guilty of wrongful arrest and dog stealing?

Nea said...

It left me in s(h)ock...
The policeman I spoke to told me that they could not help and that if there were no identity marks on her and if I could not take care of her myself, then I should let her loose again. There were no marks, and we don't have space for a dog in town where we spend most of our time during the winter months, but I couldn't just let her run off into the traffic again.

Nea said...

So you were 50% right Mike and Ann, but they also told me I could steal her (keep her) or let her go jay walking.