Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Last Day of Christmas!

Thanks to good old King Canute we still have 20 days of Christmas here, so I'm not too late in wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
We spent the holidays quietly, but happily with a beautifully decorated tree ...

and wooden angels watching over us...

eating oranges...

watching an eerie 80% eclipse of the sun...

Cross-country skiing with the dog, she was never still long enough to get her in a shot...

Playing in the snow in spite of the extreme cold, at one stage it dropped to minus 36C (-32.8F)...

and sometimes managing to land face first :(

playing board games...
downhill skiing in town :)...

and avoiding Rudolph and friends on the roads.
I'll try and stay up to date from now on, after my long rest.

5 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Hey Nea! It sure has been a long time. Looks very cold over there! Love that last photo...quite a catch.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

I sure am having fun communicating with your Dad and Mom (the social butterflies).

Unknown said...

I think in your climate you're allowed to hibernate for most of the winter.
And I frequently have fun drooling over Lori's pictures and descriptions of their meals.
Love, Papa and Granny.

Nea said...

Hi Lori! Yes it's cold, but that doesn't stop us, it just slow us down... a lot!

Sorry Pa, no hibernating allowed, however cold it gets. I just put blogging on hold while I tried to catch up with a whole lot of other stuff.

Pat said...

When you post such a great collection of photos it makes up for any absences.
Our Christmas was gone in a flash.

Nea said...

Thank you, Pat! It's not so easy with the light at the moment as the sun isn't very high and only up for a few hours. As it's the camera on my 5 year old phone I don't have so many options to compensate with, but it's nice to know you appreciate my efforts.