Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ghostly Class Trip



Back at the end of May, Strawberry went on a class trip, spending the night in a supposedly haunted old children's home.

At the last minute I went along too as they needed an extra car. This was the view from my bedroom window.

I slept very well there, but one rather odd thing happened. When I first entered my room it was very warm, so I opened the window to let in some fresh air, before I went back to the car for my overnight bag. When I came back the window was closed. I'd left my door locked and the window was shut and fastened down when I came back.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ws the person thought to be responsible for the haunting the sort of person who would go round shutting windows ???

Unknown said...

And, I woiuld think 'an old childrens home' would be rather a weird place anyway, most children being, by definition, rather young.

Nea said...

M&A, yes, the ghost was the matron and she was very strict, but if the children had been good they got a sugar lump on Sunday's. And it was an "old" children's home, built in 1915... which is old for some of us ;)

Pat said...

That is a bit scary.
I love the photo of Strawberry - it looks as if her halo has slipped:)

Nea said...

You're right Pat, I hadn't seen it before you mentioned it, but it suits her like that ;)

Unknown said...

Either her halo has slipped (as Pat says) or someone has been playing hoopla, with my youngest grandchild as a target !

Nea said...

Whoever it was, it was a pretty good shot :)

Unknown said...

Not good enough though. If you have a go at a hoopla stall, the hoop has to go right over the prize and land flat on the table around the prize.

Unknown said...

And anyway, whoever threw it CAN'T have Freja as a prize. We all need her.