Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year!


Love and joy come to you,
And to you your wassail too;
And God bless you and send you
a Happy New Year!
See, I've almost caught up. Twelth Night was yesterday, if anyone is still using the old calender?
Spent New Year's Day in London with baby sister taking good care of us. We took the bus down instead of the train. Normally I prefer the train as you can move around more. But the bus was fine and much cheaper, not a double decker, but we caught one of these at Victoria. This one was in the New Year's day Parade heading towards a Happy New Year, as can be seen if enlarged.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks fun.
P.s. Even I don't use the old calendar, although Nana Trower could tell you the old and new quarter days. I don't think she knew that it had been changed in 1752, so knowing the old ones wasn't much use by the time she died in 1993.

DILLIGAF said...

uh? I can only assume your calender is from Mars....or Venus....or Pluto...

Mind you...I'd loooove to still be celebrating New Year now!!!!

Routemasters were real buses.

As an old bus driver - in one of my various guises - I know whereof I speak....

Unknown said...

Hi 4Ds. No, we're waffling on about the changeover from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar, which cause a good deal of indignation and argument in its day. Cheers, Mike.
P.s. w.v. word is galsi. Which must refer, I suppose to our hostess Nea and her daughters.

Pat said...

I love riding on a bus - especially a double decker and you can see into peoples private lives:)

Unknown said...

Quite agree, Pat. Front seat on the top of a double decker is ideal for seeing the world, especially in London. Since getting our senior citizens' 'bus passes life has become more interesting, well more picturesqe anyway.

Nea said...

Me too Pat and Pa :)

4D, don't you miss it? Bus driving?

Crowbard said...

Wasn't the indignation and argument about having eleven days taken off your life?
No wonder the peasants were revolting... or at least a little un-peasant!